Here are some Pro Tips for getting the most productivity out of your Company Focus Prep time!
- If you can do it in less than two minutes, do it now. It’s very likely you can complete the first section, General Company Information, in less than two minutes. Once you’re done that, head on over to the Owner/Employee Statistics to see if you can get that done in less than two minutes. If so, you’ve already finished the beginning and end of your packet! Congratulations are in order.
- Work on the hardest tasks on Mondays – studies show starting off strong on Monday allows you to coast through the rest of the week. So why not hash away at financial statistics section on Monday and proceed with the smaller sections while you coast your way into the weekend?
- Set your own personal deadlines – and make them so that you finish early. If you break down the Company Focus Packets into small pieces, make multiple deadlines for each piece until you are completely done. The final deadline should be around a week before the actual deadline, because sometimes we close our eyes to rest for a second before working on it and end up napping for three hours. (no, that’s just me?) That extra padding ensures you still finish in plenty of time!
- Pick one of the five main sections (P&L, Balance Sheet, Budget, Job Sweet Spot, and Marketing and Sales) and spend only 30 minutes at a time working on it. Set a timer and step away once it goes off and take a break. If time allows, after your break reset your timer for another 30 minutes and continue where you left off. Plus, this doubles as a great excuse to have Chinese food delivered because you are taking a “working lunch.” You’re welcome.
- And the #1 tip for filling out your company focus packets – reach out to us, as well as your Roundtables group, for any assistance you may need! We are all here to help you get the most out of your Roundtables experience, and that means helping with Company Focus Packets! That is the power of WE.
Send me an email at Ashleigh@remodelersadvantage.com if you have any questions about your Company Focus Packets, I’d be more than happy to help!